Begegnungszonen Promoting Interdisciplinary Events in the Natural Sciences
Interdisciplinary research calls for communication and appropriate networks. With our program “Begegnungszonen”, we are supporting events for young scientists.
The aim is for them to learn new ways of working and work methodologies and to forge new contacts at the same time.
The request for proposals is aimed at the organizers of events such as workshops or graduate schooling in the natural sciences that:
- Take up interdisciplinary topics
- Actively engage up-and-coming scientists (graduate and postdoc students) and facilitate dialog with seasoned scientists
- Last at least three days and are attended by between 30 and 150 participants
- Have an international focus (although the applications must come from a German research institute)
- Will ideally trial new event formats
- Will take place between December 1, 2018, and November 30, 2019
The following documents must be submitted with an application:
- Completed application form
- Project outline including a cost projection and a (provisional) event program
- Academic careers of the main applicants (max. two pages each)
The deadline for applications is June 13, 2018.