Begegnungszonen Promoting Interdisciplinary Events in the Natural Sciences
Interdisciplinary research calls for communication and the right networks. With our program “Begegnungszonen”, we support events for young scientists.
The goal for them is to forge new contacts, to build interdisciplinary networks and simultaneously getting to know new ways of working and methods.
We appreciate innovative ideas and concepts.
In the context of our support for international events, we emphasize collaborations between institutions in Germany and in the USA. Bilateral multi-year exchanges are possible; however, funding confirmations will only be made for the project period given below.
The call for proposals is aimed at the organizers of events such as workshops, symposia, colloquia, and conferences as well as summer and winter schools in the natural sciences that
- take up interdisciplinary topics,
- actively engage doctoral candidates and postdocs and facilitate a dialog with senior scientists,
- last at least three days and are attended by 30 to 150 participants,
- will ideally test new (including digital/hybrid) event formats and
- will take place between December 1, 2022, and November 30, 2023.
An international dimension is desired. Applications must be made from a public research institution or an organization with a charitable status in Germany.
The following documents must be submitted with an application:
- completed application form
- project outline including a cost projection and a (preliminary) event program
- academic careers of the main applicants (each max. 3,600 characters incl. blanks)