Begegnungszonen Promoting Interdisciplinary Events in the Natural Sciences
Interdisciplinary research calls for communication and the right networks. With our program “Begegnungszonen”, we support events for young scientists.
The goal is for them to learn new work processes and methodologies while forging new contacts.
The request for proposals is aimed at the organizers of events such as workshops or graduate programs in the natural sciences that:
- Take up interdisciplinary topics
- Actively engage up-and-coming scientists (graduate and postdoc students) and facilitate a dialog with seasoned scientists
- Last at least three days and are attended by 30 to 150 participants
- Have an international focus (although the applications must come from a German research institute)
- Will ideally test new event formats
- Will take place between December 1, 2019, and November 30, 2020
The following documents must be submitted with an application:
- Completed application form
- Project outline including a cost projection and a (preliminary) event program
- Academic careers of the main applicants (max. two pages each)
The deadline for applications is May 29, 2019.